Are there state or federal government energy assistance programs available?

Yes. The U.S. Department of Energy sponsors a weatherization assistance program to help eligible households permanently reduce their energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient. Application information is available on the Internet at

Additionally, the federal government sponsors the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Administered to consumers by state governments, this program can help qualified low-income households meet their energy needs. For more information about LIHEAP, call toll-free at 1-866-674-6327 or send an email to This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it . You can find more information about LIHEAP on the Internet at